Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ask And You Shall Receive....

When we pray do we actually expect an answer from God? Do we actually mean what we're asking? How do we react when He does answer and its not in the way we quite expected. I'll be the first to admit that I may get my feelings hurts. I may pout and be a little pissy for a while. But when I actually sit and look at what He's doing - its worth it. Shouldn't we know He always has our best interest at hand?

Recently I've prayed about something and I haven't actually gotten an answer. But I keep telling myself - Regardless of the outcome He is in control. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 Maybe God is waiting to see what I'll do in the waiting period. Will I get impatient and try to work it out in my strength or will I trust in His plans? Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).

No comments: