Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Matthew 6:34

Why do we get so wrapped up in the future? Maybe I should say why do I get so wrapped up in the future? What will come? Who will be there? Will I live here or there? Will I do this or that? This morning I was reminded that Jesus said, Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will take care of itself. The Message Bible says it this way "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." I guess that's the key.....getting your head around what God is doing....in this moment. He is at work all around us, setting us up to follow the path He has planned for us. He's at work all around us, tugging on the hearts of our family and friends so that something we say or do will draw them closer to God. He is at work all around us.

Lord, help me to give all my atttention to what you are doing, right now, in this moment.

No comments: