Thursday, August 21, 2008

Diary of a Mad Massage Therapist Vol.2

Today was a really tough day at work. I probably lost my witness a few more times than I should have. But not only am I completely sick of massage....I'm also sick of people. People can say and do the stupidest things (yes I'm people too - I know I know). I know that's not an excuse to lose my witness, but I figured I'd use this time to add a few more rules of spa etiquette while I have them on the brain and ask God for forgiveness. Maybe you can prevent someone from losing their witness one day!

5. Do not, by any circumstances ever ask a massage therapist if their hands ever get tired. Even though they may laugh and say "Oh sometimes, but you get used to it" what they really wants to say is "YOU STUPID *&%$@! +*#%&@ of course my hands get tired. What are you going to do if I say 'why yes...they get tired all the time. As a matter of fact they are tired right now...so I'm going to stop this massage'". *sigh* Okay I feel better. Just take it from me...never ever ask that moronic question.

6. If you are a spa attendant please don't act like you are twelve years old and talk to the guest like this..."Yo Yo Yo here's a robe so get undressed and chill." I dare spit in your general direction.

7. If you are a spa manager/supervisor/dictator - oopps - director please don't take all the product and store it so far away from the spa hallway that it cuts into a guest's service. I know you enjoy micro-managing from your lovely desk and comfortable chair, but it really is about the guest. I can say this because I HAVE BEEN A SPA SUPERVISOR!!!!

8. If you schedule a Brazilian thinking that is the ethnicity of your therapist...you're sadly mistaken. You might as well not even show up for your service and let them bill you for your ignorance.

I'm really beginning to wonder if I need to write my own little spa etiquette book. I think the world really needs to hear these rules from my perspective!!!! What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a very good idea & you need to quite giving all the good stuff away.