Monday, August 25, 2008

Testing One, Two....

Okay so its only 8:15 a.m. and I'm already annoyed. Today my online classes open and I can start learning to Appreciate Art and trudge my way through Chemistry when I've long since forgotten any kind of formula.

So I log on to my Art Appreciation class to see how much time I'm actually going to have to waste on it and see I need to take a quick little Syllabus Quiz. You get to take it an unlimited number of times but you have to complete it with a 100%. No biggie. Most of my online teachers require this. Why? I have no idea. Its a waste of time and energy. If I can't figure out a few due dates and understand the syllabus as I'm reading it I really shouldn't be taking an online class in the first place. Yes, I'm talking to you if you're one of those that needs this little quiz to help you along. You are a dumb ass. I'm going off on a tangent here but I'm going to tell you why. 1. An online class is 100% reading and if you can't comprehend even the simplest of things as a syllabus there is gonna be a problem. 2. Do you not get that its a waste of time and energy? THEY DON'T EVEN GIVE YOU ANY CREDIT FOR TAKING THE STUPID QUIZ. We're all wasting our precious time because of YOU.

Okay now that I got that out we can proceed. So I'm taking this syllabus quiz and there is this one question: Quiz 5 and 8 are Proctored Quizzes. True or False. I of course put False because the syllabus clearly states several times that 5 and 10 will only be proctored. Yeah, so I get it wrong. I'm not throwing a fit just yet. I think, okay, I'll just take it again. So I take it again and I see this is a new test. Same questions but in a different order. Of course she wouldn't have the key wrong on BOTH of these tests. Surely a professor wouldn't make more than one mistake on a test that they expect us to do so well on but do not give us any credit for. So I get to the question: Quiz 5 and 8 are Proctored Quizzes. True or False. I put FALSE. Of course I put False. The answer IS false. I get it wrong. Now I'm just pissed. Not only do I pay regular tuition...I have to pay even more to take it online when the teacher doesn't even have to do as much work. This is SOOOOOOOO beyond my comprehension. But I work full-time and I really don't have any desire to go sit in a classroom during my time off. So I pay the extra money and take it up the butt. (LOL Even I'm laughing right now.) But I don't think I have should have to pay extra money to get a question wrong when in fact I put the correct answer. I don't think I should have to pay extra money to have to correct a teacher over a stupid syllabus quiz. This is just riDICulous.

So yes of course I emailed the teacher and tried to be as humble as possible about it. And of course she is going to the think I'm some smart ass, but how exactly do you say.... "Ummm, yes, this question is wrong on the test. Do you expect me to take it over and actually put the INCORRECT answer or are you going to correct it yourself?"

This is not a good start to this semester. Let us pray. I don't need to lose my witness again!

No comments: