Monday, September 1, 2008

This was NOT the "Mother of All Storms"

like someone wanted to call Hurricane Gustav. I'm floored that a government official would stir a situation up such as a hurricane and throw his "chocolate city" (those were HIS WORDS...not mine!) into a panic. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe the people of New Orleans needed to get out of town. I'm so glad they heeded the warnings. But this was NOT the "mother of all storms." This was a fraction of storms of the past. Yes, there is damage. Yes, there is flooding. But it wasn't nearly what it could have been.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Here in Biloxi we did have SOME damage, but it wasn't anything like Hurricane Katrina...and we're ever so thankful.

Hope everyone had a good Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: