Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Enter the Throne Room

Today I find myself extremely restless....craving a moment with God, yet doing everything but being still enough to hear His voice or even just talk to Him.  I've gone to the grocery store.  I've stained the desk.  I've taken my computer to the repairman.  I've washed and put the dishes away.  I've put a load of laundry in the wash.  I've looked at Facebook more times than I care to admit.  And here I am writing a post!  I'm desiring a moment with God, yet I do everything but spend time with Him.  Something is completely wrong with this picture.  How did life get so packed with busy-ness (is that a word?) that I can't seem to stop for the moment that I'm desiring?  And when I actually sit and ponder this, I realize its not busy-ness....its me.  If I want a moment with God - I need to take it like the Wine Diva took the race (guess you had to be there)! 

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

When I go visit my parents,  I knock on the door, but I don't wait for them to answer.  I just walk on in! God longs for a relationship with us.  He longs for us to be with Him.  And yet, so many times we shuffle our feet outside of His door instead of just walking right on in.  Its okay - He's waiting for you.

And for me....I've gotta go.  My Father is expecting me!

No comments: