Friday, July 9, 2010

If You Aren't Careful

I can't say that I've lived a very exciting life. I haven't been to the moon. I haven't cured cancer. I haven't caught a purse snatcher. And I probably haven't changed a lot of lives around me. Its easy to get wrapped up in the everyday business of going to work/school/both. Its easy to see the same people day in and day out and fail to actually see them. Its easy to forget the important things like eatting snow cones, getting kisses from your puppy, getting lost in a child's laughter, feeling the sand between your toes, be the reason someone smiles, watching the sunrise/sunset, get lost in rolling hills, feel the wind in your hair, dance like no one is around, and laugh until it hurts and keep laughing. No one can do it for you - you have to live your own life. And if you aren't careful - life will pass you by and you will be left wondering where it went. So has my life been exciting? No. But I have lived life. It hasn't always been fun or easy. It has had its highs and its lows. I have loved and lost...and still been blessed enough to love again. I have gained friends and lost friends and gained again. I have seen places I never thought I would see. I have accomplished things I never thought possible. I have failed. I have succeeded. And I have lived.

Thank God for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post