Tuesday, November 2, 2010

He is Worthy

Do you ever have those days where you wake up desperate for something encouraging to happen?  Hoping that there will a break in dam that seems to hold you back?  Life isn't bad, but today you've been hurt and there is no shoulder to cry on.  There is no one to say, I understand.  You feel utterly alone. Today is just that day.  However, instead of getting up and searching for something positive I chose to stay in bed.  I chose to lay there wishing I could fall asleep and not wake until the next morning.  No one look at me.  No one touch me.  Just let me sulk and continue to feel hurt. 

And God says - Get up, Liberty.  Then subtly He reminds me of a verse. 

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
— 1 Peter 2:9 (NIV)

He has called me chosen, royal, holy, and most importantly - HIS.  But it doesn't stop there.  He has made us all these things to declare His praises.  He is worthy to be praised no matter what situation I am in.  He is worthy to be praised no matter the hurt I may feel.  He is worthy to be praised in the good times and bad.

So today, Lord, I praise you for all that you are.  You are the Great I Am.  You are the Beginning and the End.  You are my strength and my song.  You are my Comforter and Friend.  You are Holy, Holy, Holy. 

I'm thankful God didn't wake up this morning and say - No one look at me, No one touch me.

No comments: