Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Time Is Here, Happiness and Cheer

Isn't it funny how you can meet some of the greatest people when you least expect it? This weekend I had a little Christmas "get together". I invited a few co-workers and friends. Unfortunately not too many showed, but fortunately the ones that counted did. In that group of friends, I invited a friend from my Chemistry class. I've never met her. We only chatted online (since Chemistry was an online course). This person that helped me get through the semester with an 'A' had to be at least decent. I figured inviting her and her husband could show a bit of gratitude for all her help. But she wasn't decent.....she was so much more. She and her husband were two very down to earth people that I instantly connected with. We laughed about anything and everything from ADHD drugs (Cash, let me know how they work!) to finger cots (hope they fit) to human skulls (you really had to be there) to the champagne of beers (as if I would know anything about that). Afterwards I told her my best friend and I rarely got out because we like to surround ourselves with people that are full of joy and love to laugh, but most people disappoint us because they just aren't as funny as us! She said they felt the same way.

God really does bless us when we least expect it, but probably when we need it the most. I'm not saying that I've felt down and out (quite the opposite for a change). And really I wouldn't say that I need it (although I'm ready for any blessing God sees fit for me!). But God knows things we don't.

Here are a few pictures from the party. I didn't take very many because I was too busy laughing!

No comments: