Thursday, December 4, 2008

Looking for a Fire to Add to Your Christmas?

Today, as I was reading Jane Green's Blog, I was reminded of the wonderful holiday event that happened when I was in the fifth grade.

My uncle has been known to build the largest, warmest fires there are. So much so one year (a few days before Christmas no doubt) we were having a family Christmas party. So my uncle goes down to the entertainment room where the fireplace is and starts a fire. A few hours later our house went up in smoke. Yes…it burned down. LOL It’s funny now, but trust me it was not then. We can’t blame the house burning down solely on him (there was a crack in the fireplace we were unaware of), but it makes the story more interesting that way! Poor Uncle James Ray. He'll forever be blamed for burning our house down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UG!, you had to bring that up, LOL