Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Godly Correction

Today I got a spanking from God. Yep, at 31 years old I'm still getting spanked by my Father. You know how your parents tell you something, you take it to heart, and then, and then, and then you just - forget it? Forget it was ever spoken. Forget it ever gripped your thoughts, not to mention your heart. And forget to actually do what it was they told you to do. Yeah. That's me in a nutshell. I forgot, didn't walk it out, and today I got reminded by a big spanking. And it hurt. Brought me to tears. Humbled me. Brought me to more tears. But He gripped my heart again.  He has a way of always bringing us back to what He has planned for us as along as we allow Him to. 

I don't know what you're facing today. I don't know if there is something you've decided to forget for comforts sake, like I did. I don't know if the fear of the unknown has caused you to close an ear to what the Father said. But if it has, please friend, open that ear back up. Don't make Him spank you like He spanked me today. ITS NO FUN - TRUST ME! Take Him at His Word. Trust Him enough to walk with you through whatever He has called you to do. Open your ears to His Words. They bring life, joy, comfort and peace. Commit yourself back to Him today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am 29, live at home, and my parents still "would" spank me if they had to (though they havent had to in a while). I thought I was the only one like this. You just made me feel much less alone. If you want to talk to me sometime email me at katiegotulane@yahoo.com