Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

For many I know this past year has a been a very trying year.  It has been a year filled with job losses and family losses and financial losses.  For many it has been a year that has tested their faith in ways they never thought imaginable.  I know more than one person that is glad to see 2010 in their rear view mirror for a hope of a brighter 2011. 

Like so many, this year has been a trying year for me.  I have been humbled and brought low.  And though  you would think one would learn - I have been humbled and brought low some more because I apparently didn't learn my lesson the first time.  But thank God His mercies are new everyday. 

However much I'd love to stay negative and focus on the horrible year we all have had - I'd much rather like to take a moment of gratitude and thank the One who has brought me (and us) through it all.


O Lord my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,

I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;

When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;

When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;

Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!

When Christ shall come,
With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!

Then I shall bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!

Lord, My Lord.  Thank you for all you blessed me with this past year.  First and foremost, thank you for your daily forgiveness.  I know many times I often fail to remember the magnitude of your sacrifice, but thank you for never failing to forgive me.  You have walked with me through a year that has been trying and many times overwhelming.  You have seen my tears.  You have felt my pain.  And you heard my cry.  You have seen my brokenness and poured your oil of healing on my wounds. Yet through it all, You have silently spoken words of peace and hope even when I failed to listen.  How you remain faithful to me even when I have so often been unfaithful to you humbles me yet again. 

Though my finances were strained You always managed to show up despite my lack of faith and trust. And you have brought me to a place where I feel as if I can now see the light at the end of a tunnel.

When something dear was taken away, you have manged to help me through it and hold my hand.

I will not understand why some things were allowed and others were not, but God, You are still God. 

No matter my situation.  You are still God.  No matter the battle I face.  You are still God.  No matter the fear that tries to tear me down.  You are still God.  And when its all said and done - it will be YOU that remains, My God, You ARE STILL GOD!

Please bless me this next year.  Draw me nearer to you.  Guide my every step.  Prepare the way before me.  Open the doors you'd have me walk through and close tightly the ones I'm not to go through.   In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN!

No comments: