Sunday, January 9, 2011

While I'm Waiting

Has the Lord promised you something? He has me, however, I'm still in the waiting stage. And the waiting stage is seriously no fun. If you're anything like me you tend you get impatient and try moving on to something else to keep your mind off the something promised. And before you know it, you've completely forgotten all about the thing you had been promised. You start to get wrapped up in the things that probably aren't the best for you. You become lax in what God has called you to do. You fail to stay abiding in Him and His Word. And suddenly, you find you have drifted away from the promise, but worse yet, away from the Promiser. All the while, the Lord looks at you with loving eyes, saying, "Come here, my child."

That's probably never happened to you, but it has me. I've gotten used to the fast lane in life and I like it. I want it here and now and my way. I want to see the promise fulfilled - but I'm unwilling to allow the Promiser to do what it takes for me to handle the promise. (Ouch! That wasn't easy to admit)

So here I am, again recently reminded of the promise. And what will I do? Will I search again for something to take my mind off of it because I don't have the faith that God will come through - or will I allow God to do what He must do in order to prepare me for the promise? Right now, I am waiting. I won't say that I won't get side tracked because Lord knows, I've said just such before. However, today I commit to waiting on Him. I commit to trusting that His ways ARE most definitely better than my ways. I say, "Lord, mold me and make me into whatever it is you'd have me to be.  I choose to wait on your promise.  And should I get distracted, Lord, draw me back to you."



No comments: