Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All for the love of God



Passage Matthew 22:36-39:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.



The other day I just felt compelled to go the cemetery. At the time I just wanted to take a few pictures of the beautiful oak trees and part of me wanted to see my grandparents. I wasn't close to them by any means, but sometimes you just feel the need to see the past. While there I saw this headstone. It doesn't look beautiful. Its nothing special, but the last few words struck a chord...."all for the love of God". WoW. What an impression this man is leaving....even after he is gone. All he did, he did for the love of God. God really doesn't ask a lot of us. He just ask that we would love Him and love others. Is it that difficult when He puts it that way? It doesn't really sound like it, but WE make it so darn impossible sometimes. I guess the Lord is just trying to remind me, don't make ME so difficult. I just want you to love Me. I desire you above all things, desire me in the same way. So tonight, I encourage you to do the same. Love him with all your are....do all that you do, for the love of God.

No comments: