Tuesday, April 1, 2008

In my garden love grows

I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~ F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace

Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there. ~Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
I never had any other desire so strong, and so like to covetousness, as that one which I have had always, that I might be master at last of a small house and a large Garden. ~Abraham Cowley, The Garden, 1666
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown
Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

The kiss of the sun for pardon,The song of the birds for mirth,One is nearer God's heart in a gardenThan anywhere else on earth.~Dorothy Frances Gurney, "Garden Thoughts"
I have never felt more at peace than walking around my yard soaking up the beauty of God around me in my garden. He shows up in the beautiful rose, the danty pinta, and bursting with color azalea. I love the smells when I walk outside. I love the colors that splash here and there. I love the birds that adorn my yard because its so peaceful. I have no idea how God came up with the idea to paint my yard and life with such beauty. And I have no idea how He knew that this yard would bring solace to my soul. But I'm so gratful that me and my best friend were able to be get our hands dirty and be a part of this great beauty.

No comments: