Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm 29

lifeYesterday I turned 29. Let me say this is really a tough thing for me. I know that's silly. I'm so aware of it its ridiculous, however, the feeling is still there. It means next year....I'll be 30 (really?!?!?! OH GOD - Obviously). But, even though I have this feeling that I haven't done all the things you're "supposed" to have done by now (like getting married, having a baby, buying a house....oh yeah, I've done that) I'm starting to feel, for once in my life a sense of freedom. I'm realizing that I don't HAVE to add huge responsibilities to my life just because I'm getting older. I'm realizing that I'm only as tied down as much as I want to be tied down. I'm realizing that even though I'm probably in the last place I'd like to be in....I have a few friends that make life grand. I don't think most people can say that. So....yes I'm getting older. But I'm also getting a bit wiser which really only comes with time. You can't duplicate it. You can't pull it out of a hat. You can't buy it. You can only take each year, and each experience and enjoy it to the best of your ability.


"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and case only at death." - Albert Einstein

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

No comments: