Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Orleans Botanical Garden

Do you ever feel that your in a rutt? Like you're completely stagnant? If you don't do something fast you're just going to go out of your mind? Well, I don't think I'm feeling so much that way right now (such a HUGE change for me), but my best friend Julie is. I completely understand this feeling. I sometimes wonder if I was a gypsy in another life (okay so I believe we only have one life but it sounded good). I don't like being in one place too long. I love the idea of travelling to and fro. I love the idea of living my life 3X5 despite John Meyer's song. So today Julie and I decided to get out of our (her) rutt and go to New Orleans for the day. We explored the Botanical Gardens and fell in love with a few plants. We saw a few statues that had alot on their minds. Some we thoughtful and some whimsical, but all beautiful in their own way. We were silly, but mostly I think we were both in awe of the beauty we saw around us. We realized very quickly that this is just one of many places that looked this beautiful. There are so many more places around the country and the world that hold so much beauty it's probalby overwhelming. So, to say the least, I don't think it did much for Julie's desire to spread her wings. And honestly I don't think it did me much good either!!! C'est la vie


































































































1 comment:

London Southern Belle said...

great pics!

hope you are well! Miss you!

Trip to London still a possibility?

Amanda