Thursday, November 13, 2008

December Is That You?

Can anyone tell me where the time has gone? Is Thanksgiving really in only two weeks and is Christmas really only in six? I won't say it seems just like yesterday was Christmas, but it does seem like it was only yesterday!

It used to seem like you had so much time to accomplish so much within a year. Each year you set all these wonderful goals for yourself that generally aren't attainable but you do it anyway. And right now I'm wondering (Already??? I know I know) if I've grown, if I've accomplished much, and what my new goals may be. Maybe I've been so wrapped up in trying to sell my house that I've overlooked the things that really matter. So in looking back over this year I'm already seeing a few things I didn't do that I wish I would have done. But, I'm also seeing some great accomplishments (that seem to all have been done within the past couple of months oddly enough) that I'm more than estatic about. So what might they be?

Need to get to:
1. Photography
2. Losing weight
3. Studying my Bible more
4. Sending my hair off to Locks of Love (I'm getting there, I promise!)

Accomplishments:
1. Living Room Floor
2. Kitchen Updates
3. Starting to Cook (*gasp* Lord, say it ain't so!)
4. Voting and paying attention to the political world around me (Although, ignorance really is bliss. I really hate the fact that I know what I know now. I hate that I can't undo all that has now made residence in my head. I hate that no one really knows the direction our country is heading (except God of course). And I hate that I now care. Go ahead, be appaulled that I would say such a thing.)
5. Cut my hair (I really have to get that sent off to Locks of Love - SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!)
6. Building a closer relationship with my brother. Oh, how age changes things!
7. Started back to church once I FINALLY (Thank you, Lord) got Sundays off from work.

So I guess, all in all, I've done pretty well this year. Not as great as I would have liked, but better than expectted - especially since I didn't really set any goals for myself this year. God really is good!

No comments: