Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week Comes to an End....

And I am ever so thankful. Even though so much joy comes from the holidays it throws everything off balance. My work schedule changes. The store hours change. People are away from home. I'm well aware that change is good....but I'm of the belief that stability is BETTER! There is just absolutely too much disruption in change (this could be why I'm not a huge fan of Obama...then again...I'm probably just not a fan period). I like knowing what is going on around me. I like knowing what to expect each day. The only change I really tend to like is the changing of the leaves...which I must boast a bit here and say....we have had the most beautiful colors in our leaves this year. But then I hate to see the leaves actually falling off. If they would just keep changing from red to orange to yellow and then back to green I would be content. But they don't. They die and fall off.

But this was a good week. We celebrated SweetPea's 3rd Birthday (My baby is growing up! *tear*)
I finished decorating the mantel. And Julie and I spent Thanksgiving Dinner with the wonderful couple, Rebecca and Dwight. Thanksgiving really hasn't been the same since my parents moved back to Texas and really since Hurricane Katrina. But this Thanksgiving seemed like a turning point. Unfortunately Rebecca and Dwight will be moving to California soon...so we won't be able to crash their house again next year. But it was nice to be back in the Thanksgiving mood.

And so as we come down from the turkey high I know we're all gearing up for the Christmas parties, presents, family, etc. It's so easy to forget the important things in the hustle and bustle. I wish it weren't, but we all find ourselves not spending the quality time together that we need too, or not praying and reading our bible like we should. So I'm trying to keep in mind, God has been so good to me. I've managed to stay sane while working in an insane environment, to get through this semester (let's pray I pass Chemistry), find a church where I'm challenged on a weekly basis, and keep a best friend despite all my shortcomings. I'd say those are the important things. Since God has been so good to me, why can I not be good to Him? That's what He wants above all else. That's the present He asks for. Just a little time. Just a little love. Just our entire hearts and lives. That isn't asking so much in light of what He has done for us.
May each day this next month remind both you and me of God's Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most excellent post .... still waiting for the announcement of your book ....

i almost teared up at Pea's pic ..