Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thank God Chemistry is More Than Just a Class....And Thank God for His Son

So, I have one week left in Chemistry. Will I pass? I have no clue yet. I'm still trudging along, barely hanging on by my fingertips. Why does it have to be so complicated? I'm convinced that my teacher is the problem. Well, that and the fact that I'm taking the class online. But even though I'm in panic mode trying to make sure I at least PASS this last chapter, I know it'll be okay. Even if I don't pass, I can take it again.

Where is all this optimism coming from? I don't know. It could be that I started my day off right. I went to the gym and got an hour of cardio in and then went with my new gym partner "Bob" to mass. Yes, Mass. (is it supposed to be capitalized...I think probably so) Now I'm probably the farthest thing from Catholic, but I have to admit I have great admiration for the Catholic faith. I won't say I agree with everything that I know right now, but there is much I do agree on. I'm so amazed and maybe even a little jealous that these people get to go to church nearly everyday if they so choose. Being on the Protestant side we only have church on Sundays and Wednesdays. And even then, so many churches have done away with a Wednesday service. But how great to be able to wake up and go to church and take communion? That's another thing...how great it is to take communion everyday! Some may say that the importance of it may wear off, but why? How awesome to be able to start your day by breaking bread with God and consuming Him?!? (I know, so many don't believe we actually consumed the body of Christ...I won't even get into that) How awesome to be reminded on a daily basis that His body was broken - just for me. That His blood was shed - just for me. There is power in that, don't you think? Unfortunately because I'm not Catholic, I'm not allowed to take communion with them. But I still went up and allowed the Deacon (Father was out of town) to bless me. There weren't stars and there wasn't this warm feeling that came over me, but when I went back to my seat I asked God to guide me and do with me what He wants and not what I want. I allowed myself to be humbled before Him. And it was just something I needed. I think I'll go again. Don't worry Mom, I'm not converting.

So in ending: May the Lord be with you.....And also with you!

No comments: