Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get Ready

Today as I was praying for our country and for the direction we would move in, this verse came to mind:

2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.


This election has been long and hard. We have had ups and downs. We have had hope and fear. I will not deny that our country electing a black man as President is a great thing. I believe it shows that people are becoming more and more colorblind. However, I still stand to believe that this man, is not the man I would like to see take that position.

Tonight I felt something so strongly that it broke my heart. It occurred to me...God spoke it to my heart...whatever you want to call it.....but I felt so strongly that God cannot bring our nation back to our knees with McCain as our President (its a sobering thought if you think about it). I don't know if you're aware of how far gone from God our nation is....but we are so far beyond what people want to realize. When we think that a man that speaks well is good for our country we are too far gone. When we believe in a man that thinks its okay to kill babies (not just in the first trimester, or the second, or even the third....try letting a baby - that was delivered - live for 30 minutes then allowing that baby to die) is okay we are too far gone. When we elect a man into office thats believes its okay to take from hardworkers to give to those that do nothing we are too far gone (doesn't the Bible say if you don't work you don't eat????).

My pastor spoke about Haggai about a month ago. Read it. It seems as if the same exact thing is occuring in our nation. Until we realize we have put God on the back burner and begin to humble ourselves He cannot and will not move. Our God is a jealous God and we as a nation have given Him every reason to believe He is no longer wanted here. Does that not break your heart? Does it not make you want to cry out to Him and beg and plead for Him not to remove His hand from our nation? Does it not make you want to fall on your face and repent and beg for mercy? Despite being unfaithful to Him so many times, does it not make you want to ask for Him to remain faithful to us?

For so many this election was about change. We felt as if President Bush let us down and we were so fearful of having the same with Senator McCain. We listened to all the hype Obama gave us about tax cuts and they sounded so appealling in a failing economy. But my friend, this was not an election about change, or rebelling against our current leader, or hope of a better economy. This election was about the direction our country would go. This man you have put in office stands for nothing but the word change. More times than not when voting, this man you have elected mearly voted "present". He asked you to get out and show your support by voting for him, but so many times all he would do would vote "present". WoW. Well, when you put it that way, Liberty, it doesn't sound too good. Huh.

People, all I can say is, Get Ready. It will not be fun. It will not be easy. It will not be Godly. If I'm wrong, may I eat my own words....but it will only be by the grace of God.

No comments: