Monday, November 10, 2008

My New Living Room Floor

Sometimes in life you just have to let go and say "okay". That's exactly how I'm feeling about being here in Biloxi. I don't like it. It's not growing on me. But I'm here and I might was well get used to it. I'm still going to apply for the dental hygiene program in North Carolina. I'm still going to keep taking my pre-reqs. But my house hasn't sold yet. The market sucks. And so this is where I am. Last month (or was it longer...I don't have any concept of time anymore) I renovated the kitchen. This weekend my wonderful, selfless, best friend helped me put in a new floor. Do not be fooled into thinking this was easy. It wasn't. It took 12 hours of bending over wood panels, trying to "pop" them into place (yeah right), tapping the sides, tapping the pull bar, making sure everything was seamless....and it is :o) What else would you expect from two perfectionists? This was our first try at something like this and I have to say we have (with the help of God no doubt) succeeded. So here are a few pictures of the lovely floor. No more carpet in the living room for me. You would think with all the projects I've been doing I'd love it here and want to stay for the rest of my life. My house...Yes. This city....No. But again, I might as well rest in the fact that I'm here and just enjoy it as much as possible. Whether God moves me from here next year, or the next, or the next, at least I'll be happy with my house. I'm can already hear my best friend as she reads this post saying...."LORD PLEASE...let this be the last project!"

No comments: