Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Golden Pork Chops


I told you last night I was feeling a bit like Suzie homemaker. I really don't know what's up with that, but this is what I made today, Golden Pork Chops. The pork chops were so very tender. I don't know that I've ever had a chop as tender as that before, even from my mother's kitchen. They were definitely melt in your mouth good.

Here is the recipe in case you're dying to try them out for yourself (this recipe serves 6 - I alterred mine a bit to accomodate just 2). I
sauteed the mushrooms, onion, and I added garlic in a pan first and added that to the soup mixture. Then I browned both sides of the chops before putting them in the baking dish:
INGREDIENTS
6 pork chops
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Rinse pork chops, pat dry and place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a separate small bowl, combine the onion, mushrooms and soup. Mix together well and spoon over the chops.
Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 more minutes. (Note: Time could be less or more depending on the thickness of the chops.) Pork chops are done when their internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got to eat some ... yay me .. they were oh so delicious !!!!!


julie