Friday, October 3, 2008

Insomnia

Why is it that my brain runs in a million different directions. I'm on medication for this thing called ADD.....this shouldn't be happening. Yet it does...nearly every night. Why can't my little brain (as some would argue - I don't even have the energy to dispute that right now) just...rest. Be silent. Be still. Take a vacation. Sleep. WHATEVER! ANYTHING! I'll take whatever the heck I can get. But no, here I am at 4:18 a.m. typing away ranting about my poor, overstressed brain. People, this is serious. I've been awake since 1:30 a.m. I have to work today. I have to be "up" in like an hour and a half. And its not like I can sit at my pretty little desk and have a slow day. No, I'm a freakin' massage therapist. People depend on me being alert and not falling asleep on them while in a dark room trying to make them fall asleep. HOW CRUEL IS THAT!?!?!? I totally did NOT see the irony in that until JUST NOW.

There is absolutely NO point in trying to go back to sleep now. I mean I'm only torturing myself if I do that. If I were to just fall asleep right now (HA! Like that would ever happen) I wouldn't even have enough time for a full sleep cycle. Okay, so maybe this is a good thing. I'll be so tired when I get home that when I actually go to bed tonight...I might be able to sleep (can anyone define this word for me). We can only hope and pray.

*DISCLAIMER*
Please do not send me little "tid bits" to help me fall asleep such as camomile tea, hot milk, hot bath, etc. It may put me in a state of rage and I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Good day!

No comments: