Friday, October 3, 2008

Just A Thought....

I'm wondering if those deciding to vote for Obama think the rest of us are just in love with the idea of McCain. Look, we ALL know that McCain is going to bring more of what we've been having the past eight years. We can only hope that he will bring about some relief. But when we look at both canidates - really - who is the lesser of two evils? I really am a bit concerned that so many people are voting for Obama because they think it's "cool", or that he wants to bring the troops home right away (Let me just say - I don't think you can you just pull out of a country like he is talking of doing 1. It makes us look weak 2. Its NOT that easy), or that he is going to bring all this tax relief, or that its proving to yourself that you aren't a racist. YES! I said it! I think so many people feel the need to prove to the world and themselves that they are not racist and thus - they are voting for this "African American" (I use that term loosely as Barack Obama is about as black as I am).

I'm also wondering why in the world people are ignoring these things:

1. The man did NOT want to put his hand over his heart when the National Anthem was played.
2. The man makes excuses for why he doesn't wear an American flag pin on his lapel. I know this really isn't that big of a deal, but making excuses for it is.
3. The man only separated himself from his American hating pastor AFTER people started to question it. HE SAID HE WOULD STAND BY HIM.
4. The man has only served in the Senate 143 days. Like my best friend said - I wouldn't trust my HAIR to someone with 143 days of experience. Why would I trust my country?
5. His wife does NOT like America or white people. I'm sorry? Come again? She does not like America? She said this is the first time she has been proud of her country. WHAT? Nothing - absolutely nothing has made you proud of America? Are you serious here? And she doesn't like white people. Okay, I'm sorry but as a white person I find this pretty offensive. I mean if I were to say I didn't like black people I would be labled a racist. But its okay for this lady....this potential "first lady" to say such things. Do you not think she will be another Hillary - running the country? If you don't you are SADLY mistaken. This is an issue whether you want to admit it or not.
6. Barak Obama is FRIENDS with people from Iran and Syria and Iraq. I'm sorry this concerns me. Anyone a friend of the enemy is the enemy itself in my opinion.
7. Obama is acceptting campaign money from foreign countries. What? I'm sorry, what do OTHER countries have to do with an AMERICAN election. I know I know....what happens to American affects other countries, but do you seriously think it is ethical to accept money from other countries to further YOUR political agenda.
8. Last but not least, Obama is for Obama. He is NOT for this country. He is not for the people no matter how many times he tells you he is. He is for "Change" people. Do not be fooled into thinking this is the kind of change you and I are looking for. This is a man absorbed in himself. This is a man that is hungry for power not for people. This is a man that will make you put your head down and close your eyes and think "God, what in the world is going on." This man is NOT what our country needs. I do not want to question whose side my president is on. I need to know he will fight for our country at all costs. I need to know that my freedoms are potected. I need to know that my future child(ren) will continue to have the same freedoms that I have today. And my friend, I do not KNOW that with Barack Obama. That is a sad thing.

This isn't all - there is so much more. But again, don't be fooled into thinking this man is for our country. Let's just ignore the fact that his Muslim background keeps popping up thus making him a threat to our country and focus on the fact that like I stated in #8 he is for Obama. Not the people of America. Not the country of America. Obama the man. Not Obama the "messiah" as some want to refer to him. He is a man. That's it. Plain and simple thinking only of himself.

Friends, please be careful in who you give this important title of President to. It's not a joke. This isn't the most debated election by chance. This is the future of our country.

1 comment:

Me said...

I agree. I'm an independent, and once again am pretty sad about both choices that we have! I have serious reservations about both candidates and neither of them have made me feel any great confidence in them.